The information you share with HongMall allows us to provide the products and services you need and want while giving you the best shopping experience we can. We respect the trust you place in us and the privacy of the information you share. Part of providing superior customer service includes making sure that we are building a relationship of trust with you. We do this by letting you know in a clear and prominent way how we collect, use, share and most importantly protect your personal information.
Some personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily provide are collected when you register with or use the Services or complete a transaction through the Services. You may also provide us with some personally identifiable information of other people (e.g., if you are sending a gift to someone else). You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Services.
Financial information, such as data related to your payment method (e.g. valid credit card number, card brand, expiration date) that we may collect when you purchase, order, return, exchange, or request information from the Services. We store only very limited, if any, financial information that we collect. Otherwise, all financial information is stored by our payment processor, WeChat Pay, AliPay, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, UnionPay,
Discover, JCB, Diners Club International, among others, and you are encouraged to review their respective privacy policies and contact them directly for responses to your questions.
When you access the Services by or through a device, we may access, collect, monitor or remotely store one or more “device identifiers”. Device identifiers allow us to uniquely identify your device and are used to enhance the Services (including sending updates and information from the Services).
When you access our Services, we may collect information (either directly or using third party services) using logging and cookies which can sometimes be correlated with Personal Information. We use this information to monitor and analyze use and interest in the Services. See the section on “Service Providers” for more detail in this respect.
Log and Derivative Data
Our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Services, the purchases that you make, the products you view, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were accessed, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
We generally use information that we collect for the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligations to you, in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating the Services and our business where you have consented to such usage. We also use collected information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions or obligations.
More specifically, HongMall may use personally identifiable information:
(1) To provide, update, maintain and protect the Services and our business. This includes use of collected information to support delivery of the Services, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at your request. HongMall may use your email address or phone number to send you notices (including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail). If you correspond with HongMall by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
(2) To personalize your experience and improve customer service. This includes using collected information to advertise other products that you might be interested, to notify you of items left as uncompleted transactions in your shopping cart, to notify you of updates to the Services, and related communications. Your information also helps us to respond to your customer service requests and support needs. Given this is related to direct marketing, we have a legitimate interest in collecting and using your email and information about your abandoned shopping cart to communicate with you about you uncompleted transaction.
(3) As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation. HongMall may in certain instances be compelled by law to process collected information in order to comply with a binding order. We will only do so to the extent reasonably required by law.
(4) To send emails and other communications. HongMall may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. HongMall
may also contact you to inform you about changes in our products, and important notices, such as security and fraud notices.
(6) To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse and to otherwise monitor the Platform and Services for violations of our policies or applicable laws. More specifically, to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent activities, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities, or attempts to harm Users.
(7) To improve our Service. We continually strive to improve our Service offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from our users and visitors.
We are careful to share your personal information in ways that respect your privacy. We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. All information that has been shared has been shared for a business purpose. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including, but not limited to, payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
When you post comments, contributions or other content via the Services your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Services in perpetuity.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit or use the Services. These companies may use information about your visits to the Services and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
Social Media Contacts
If you connect to the Services through a social media network, your contacts on the social network may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
HongMall will also retain collected information for internal analysis purposes. This information is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Our Services are not intended for children under 18. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and become aware of any data we have collected or received from a child under age 18, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will delete that information.
not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the Services.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your personal information. We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
(1) Logging into your account settings and updating your account
(2) Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to
Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
(1) Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with our Platform, or
(2) Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences, or
(3) Contacting us using the contact information provided below
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Our company’s registered office address is at 10 Whitehall Dr, Markham, ON, Canada L3R 5Z7.
Available: Mon-Fri 9:30 am - 6:00 pm EST Phone: 1-844-604-1230
Available: Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 1:00 am EST. Not available on public holidays.